Thursday, March 20, 2008

Kylie Minogue hits us with an X

For all you Kylie Minogue fans, here's a press release direct from her record company regarding her new album coming out this April.

KYLIE MINOGUE RETURNS WITH X — FIRST NEW STUDIO ALBUM IN FOUR YEARS TO BE RELEASED BY ASTRALWERKS / CAPITOL RECORDS ON APRIL 1ST, 2008



First U.S. Single “All I See” Features New York Rapper MIMS



(March 20th, 2008, New York, NY) — On April 1st, American fans of international pop superstar Kylie Minogue will finally get a chance to hear what the rest of the world is already buzzing about when Astralwerks / Capitol Records releases X — the multi-platinum icon’s tenth studio album and first all-new set of songs since 2003’s Body Language.



Hailed by British music bible Q as “a radiant collection of euphoric, occasionally dreamlike electro-pop,” X finds Minogue pairing her breathy, elegant vocals with sexy, stylish synths and minimalist beats on such irresistible dancefloor fillers as “2 Hearts,” “Wow,” “In My Arms,” and “All I See,” a bonus track featuring New York rapper MIMS. Minogue, who shares songwriting credit on seven of the album’s 13 tracks, collaborated with a host of top-notch songwriters and producers, including Guy Chambers (Robbie Williams, Natasha Bedingfield), Cathy Dennis (Britney Spears, Spice Girls) and Bloodshy & Avant (Madonna, Britney Spears). The digital version of the album will also feature “Magnetic Electric,” a bonus track available exclusively on iTunes. Already certified platinum in the U.K. and Australia, X is also Minogue’s first album since undergoing treatment for breast cancer, which cut short her spectacular “Showgirl: The Greatest Hits Tour” in 2005.



“This album is much more of a celebration than anything I’ve done before, with some room for reflection as well,” Minogue says. “I started work on it a year and a half ago when recording was far off in the future, because no one wanted to pressure me. But I had to get back into the studio just to test myself and get some things off my chest, which I did. To finish was a great relief and an inspiration in that I knew, ‘This is what I do and this is what I love doing.’ It has its challenges, but I’m ready for more.”



Over the course of her extraordinary 20-year-career, Minogue has sold more than 40 million albums worldwide and scored 46 hit singles, including five Top Ten dance-chart singles in the U.S.: “I Should Be So Lucky,” “Can’t Get You Out of My Head,” “Love At First Sight,” “Slow,” and “I Believe In You.” She also won a Grammy Award for “Best Dance Recording” for “Come Into My World” in 2003. Minogue has performed for royalty, inspired a 2007 costume exhibition at London’s Victoria & Albert Museum, and had her likeness replicated in wax four times by the world-famous Madame Tussaud’s (only Queen Elizabeth II has had more models created).



Minogue shows no signs of slowing down in 2008. She began the year being honored by the Queen with an OBE (Order of the British Empire) for her services to music, and has already earned a host of honors for X, including a BRIT Award for “Best International Female Solo Artist.” In May, she will hit the road for a three-month, 50-date European tour, entitled KYLIEX2008.



For its online premiere, X will be available for streaming in its entirety on Minogue’s official Myspace page (www.myspace.com/kylieminogue) from March 25th to March 27th.



For more on Kylie Minogue, including news updates, photos, streaming audio and video, and downloads, please visit www.kylie.com.

No comments: