Sunday, March 16, 2008

Get Verizon Fios Internet if you can

Okay. I know this really doesn't have anything to do with Red carpet or entertainment but indirectly it does. As a photographer who has to upload photos that are large in size or uploading a bunch at a time, Verizon Fios is a God-send. Verizon Fios is the new fiber optic way of getting the internet connection, television and telephone service to your home.

As for me, I was slightly skeptical in the true download and upload speeds. Imagine connecting to Youtube.com, watching various music videos, tv shows, etc online with not sputterings of connections. I am on what Verizon calls the 15/2 plan. That is 15mbps download and 2 mbps upload. My brother has definitely seen the difference as he watches various tv shows via the internet at his place. No more waiting for buffering.

Check out the link and you'll see my speed test of my service. Try it yourself. Here's my results

Imagine in the future if movie studios started releasing movies via the internet and having the fast speed that Verizon Fios. And if you use itunes, downloads are like a flash.

So I guess this post about Verizon Fios does deal with entertainment. If you live in an area that has Verizon, I'd say dump your cable modem or dsl for Verizon Fios and you'll be able to connect to my blog quicker and photos download on your web browswer faster.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up. This will help me with my blogging and photo posting. I live in a Verizon FiOS area and was skeptical about the service but now that you've mentioned how you love it, I'm going to try out their service. I hate dsl so hopefully Verizon FiOS will get me up to speed.

Anonymous said...

Hey Red Carpet Guy,

Thanks so much for the heads up. Just had my Verizon FiOS installed yesterday and I'm floored with my whole Verizon package from the internet connection to my new FiOS TV. Fast connection and vivid and sharper colors than my old cable company. Red Carpet Guy, you were right on with the suggestion of moving to FiOS.