Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Go Away, Little Girl....No seriously, go away!

Imagine the delight of my inner 10-year-old when I found out I'd be interviewing '70s heartthrob Donny Osmond for "College Road Trip." I dug out a couple of old 45s I had kept all these years and brought them in to the press junket. I also put on a pair of purple socks (Donny's trademark) just for the heck of it.  I have to admit my old heart skipped a beat when Donny entered the interview room. He's older (a grandfather!) but quite fine looking for 50! Anyhow,  positioned directly in front of the Donster, I asked him if he still wears purple socks to which he responded, "You know, I knew that question would come up today." Then I showed him my purple socks to which he deadpanned, "You're a sick woman. You need therapy." I couldn't help but laugh myself, even if the joke was at my expense. Who knew Donny was so funny? He's downright scary funny in the movie. He said it was fun lampooning his squeaky clean image on the big screen, where he stars with Martin Lawrence and Raven-Symone. Who knows, maybe he'll make more movies. Finally, he was kind enough to sign both my 45s. How cool is that?




Donnie Osmond in "College Road Trip."

No comments: