Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Abigail Breslin is an American Girl

What do you get when you take the hottest young child actress in Hollywood today and a live action movie about the American Girl doll? It's Abigail Breslin as Kit Kittredge in "Kit Kittredge: An American Girl."


Lisa Rinna holds her daughter's American Girl Doll.

This past Saturday, June 14, 2008, The Grove in Los Angeles hosted the World Premiere of Picturehouse's Kit Kittredge: American Girl." Along with Abigail Breslin, the film stars Julia Ormond, Chris O'Donnell (remember him as Robin in Batman), Joan Cusack, Stanley Tucci, and Willow Smith (daughter of Will Smith).

It was a weird venue for the premiere of this movie, but I guess since the American Girl store is located at The Grove, what better place to have the premiere. With the cost of $90 a pop, there were young girls galore showing off their American Girl dolls. The special thing about these dolls is that a little girl can chose the color of the hair, eyes, skin tone and whatever else matter to match her looks. I brought my niece with me to the premiere and told her not to ask for a doll. But of course she ends up pleading to get one. Even with her puppy dog eyes and pouting lips I resisted from getting one.

She was upset though which surprised me. I guess when you was searching for a doll that resembled her, she was a bit distraught. Being of mixed race of 1/2 Filipina, 1/4 French and 1/4 Swede or what we American of Filipino descent call mestiza, she couldn't find a doll to call her own. She didn't dwell upon as much as the red carpet started.

Walking the red carpet included some child actors from various tv shows. One that excited the crowd was Selena Gomez.



Known for her character in "Wizards of Waverly Place," Selena put a spell on the crowd as they showed for Selena. I was able to employ my niece, Madison, to scream, "Selena! Over your Shoulder!" Wow it definitely worked better for a 8 year girl to shout it out. Selena gave my niece a big smile and wave then came the "Over The Shoulder Pose." Hmm. Maybe I should bring my niece more often.

Another big crowd please with Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith and family. Photogs were guessing if the Smiths would show up or not. I knew better as this is one of the first major role that Will's daughter, Willow, is in.


The Smith Clan.


Willow Smith makes her major acting debut.

Willow is definitely a ham for the camera. A nice girl that loves to pose for the camera. What a natural. I think some celebrities could learn from the young Smith. Mama Smith - Jada Pinkett Smith - knows how to wear jeans. She was looking great and especially when she gave me an over the shoulder pout, it made my day.


Over the Shoulder Jada!

Other guests included Lisa Rinna and husband Harry Hamlin with their children. I wished Harry a Happy Father's day. At first he didn't hear but Lisa tugged on his arm to get his attention as I repeated "Happy Father's Day." Got a little wave from the Mr. Harry.


Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin

Emma Roberts showed up and is definitely growing up to become a beautiful woman. Once she finished the step and repeat for the photogs, she was ready to walk in the theater and skip video interviews. However, that was not to be. As she did her last pose, her publicist or I think manager corralled her to speak to E! She turned her face our way and gave a sigh like something akin to "Oh my gosh! i don't feel like talking." Who could blame her especially since it was a bright warm sunny day.

Mentioning the bright and sunny day, the majority of adult celebs were wearing sunglasses and didn't really want to take them off. One celeb who gave a definite no was Rachel Bilson. With that said, a few photogs quiped amongst each other, "Oh she must of partied too hard last night." I didn't mind since her sunglasses weren't tinted too dark.


Girl! Take off those glasses. Ha Miss Bilson still can show off her smile even without seeing her eyes.

The star of the movie, Miss Abigail Breslin definitely had her work cut out for her from smiling and dealing with the deluge of flashes from the cameras. She's definitely a trouper has she keep her smile warm and charming but you could see it was wearing thin on her.



Well, it's time for me to move on as the heat I'm bearing right now as I type is wearing thin on me. Until next time, "Over The Shoulder!"

For more info on the movie click here ==>"Kit Kittredge."

Photos by Peter Gonzaga.

No comments: