Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Upcoming Movie Premieres - Semi Pro, Vantage Point, Penelope

It has been a few days since I've done any premieres. I will be doing one for Los Angeles Premiere of Semi-Pro tonight starring Will Ferrell. This one should be interesting premiere as Will usually dresses in character. Just hope he doesn't comb his armpit hairs on the red carpet then smear it with Old Spice deodorant.


Will Farrell in an Old Spice Commercial



Tomorrow evening will be the Vantage Point Premiere in New York. I'll be having a good friend of mine, Adam Aguirre, cover the event for me as I am based in L.A. Let's see how his photographic sharp shooting techniques work out.

Then on Wednesday, I'll be heading over to the Penelope Premiere with Christina Ricci and Reese Witherspoon on board.

Check out the TV Guide interview with Reese regarding "Penelope."



The rest of the week will be spent ramping up for the Independent Spirit Awards and the Oscars. Unfortunately, I was denied red carpet access to the Oscars but will have exterior access, whatever that means. My colleague will be posting her stories from the press room at the Oscars while I sit in the office sorting through pictures to match the winners.




Even though I will not be at the Oscars, The Independent Spirit Awards will make up for it. As many actors who go to the Oscars, attends the Spirit Awards also. My eyes will be on the carpet just for you. One shocking news item is that Vanity Fair has cancelled their annual Oscar awards party. According to a post on their website, "After much consideration, and in support of the writers and everyone else affected by this strike, we have decided that this is not the appropriate year to hold our annual Oscar party." It looks like the most Oscar attendees will end up the Governor's Ball anyways. Most years, the Governor's Ball was the first event for people to go to before they jetted off to other Oscar parties such as the Vanity Fair event.

Until next time, "Over The Shoulder!"

No comments: