Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ramiele Malubay is my favorite American Idol contestant

Thinking that I wouldn't get caught with the AI bug, I was bitten again. After watching the the auditions, I didn't think there were many that stuck out. From the fan favorites of David Archuleta and Asia'h Epperson, one that really stuck to me was Ramiele Malubay. Being American of Filipino descent, I was thinking, oh no no another over-rated Asian-Am singer like Jasmine Trias.



This little girl can really belt it out and the judges were in agreement except for Simon. However, after the first week in Hollywood, Simon changed his tune about Ramiele. Her rendition of Dusty Springfield's "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me" definitely brought her game on. Even Simon said she was the one of the best singers of that week.




One thing I truly love about this young lady is her big voice and being proud of her American Filipino/Asian roots. With Jasmine, she originally said she was Hawaiian then within the coming weeks of the show, she finally admitted her Filipino roots. No matter what ethnicity Ramiele is, her voice overcomes all and is proud to become an American Idol of Asian/Filipino descent. Wishing her the best in the coming weeks.


Check out her American Idol Top 24 interview:

No comments: