Monday, January 12, 2009

The Case of Benjamin Nuthin at the Golden Globes

It was a long day as I started my Golden Globe photo coverage at 11:30am and topping it off by partying with the likes of the Entourage and Trueblood Crew at the HBO After Party. The only thing that bummed me out was that "Curious Case of Benjamin Button" became the "Curious Case of Benjamin Nuthin'" at the Golden Globes.

Actually my day started the night before as I readied all my camera equipment to take to the 66th Golden Globe Awards held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, Ca this past Sunday, January 11, 2009. I finally got to the hotel lugging my equipment plus my iMac for my photo editor. Thank goodness for my photo editor or I'd be awake for twenty four hours working on photos.

Well well, the carpet became a traffic jam as my spot was right in front of Access Hollywood crew. I love that show but damn, but I missed a bunch of red carpet shots as the likes of Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt were snagged by the show to do interviews then rushed through the next section of the red carpet photographers making them forget to stop in my area.


Angelina takes a few shots with the photographers.

But all in all I was able to get a few shots here and there. Angela was gracious to take a few shots as Brad was being interviewed by the AH crew. During the show as Brad Pitt's name was called out for the nomination of Best Performance by An Actor in Motion Picture - Drama. My heart sank as Mickey Rourke's name was called. Brad became the Curious Case of Benjamin Nuthin'. Along with Best Original score, Benjamin Button scored "nuthin" while "Slumdog Millionaire" won the pick for that category.

However, the press room crowd hooted and hollered for Mickey. I guess he is the comeback kid of 2008. I shouldn't knock him since I didn't watch the movie. After conferring with my feature writer, she said that Rourke definitely deserved it. He was so good that he got lost into his role to the point that one didn't think it was Mickey Rourke playing a wrestler but an actual wrestler in "The Wrestler."


Mickey Rourke wins for Best Actor while Bruce Springsteen holds his Globe for Best Original Song -Motion Picture.

An interesting moment with Sigourney Weaver in the press room. As she began to leave after taking photos, I quipped, "How was the Adirondacks?" She replied back with a smile and thumbs up, "Very cold!" For some odd reason I got some cold stares from a few peeps. Hmmm, were they jealous that I had some information that I was privvy to in order to make small talk. Who knows? I just took what I remembered she said what she would be doing during the holidays while doing a press junket for "The Tale of Despereaux."


Jennifer Lopez knows how to wear gold!

Well, I think that will be it for my diatribe on the Globes today as I am running on three hours of sleep. I can't even get myself to look over my shoulder.

For more arrival photos go to pacificrimphotopress.com

No comments: