Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kate Hudson is "Girl Interrupted" with Jason Biggs and Dane Cook

'Girl' interrupted
September 17, 2008

By PETERSON GONZAGA
Entertainment News Wire
HOLLYWOOD _ On a Monday afternoon at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills, the threesome of Dane Cook, Kate Hudson and Jason Biggs walk into an unusually warm hotel ballroom to talk up their new movie.

In "My Best Friend's Girl," Biggs plays Dustin, who is smitten with his beautiful co-worker Alexis (Hudson). They've dated for five weeks, but Dustin's overbearing affection has Alexis wanting to take things much slower. Not satisfied with Alexis' decision, Dustin seeks the help of his best friend and roommate, Tank. Cook plays Tank, who helps desperate guys win back their exes by seducing the ladies and then offending them. Dustin hires Tank to take Alexis out in hopes that a horrible date will drive Alexis back to him. But, as often happens in comedies of this sort, things don't exactly work out as planned.



As the three stars sit comfortably in their chairs, Hudson is looking lovely dressed in a gray jumpsuit accented with a turquoise necklace. She smiles and giggles after an inaudible exchange with Biggs, who's wearing an untucked blue dress shirt and khaki pants. Cook, meanwhile, sports designer jeans, a gray shirt and a jacket.

Hudson's giggles set the tone for the press conference.

Cook is asked if the movie will create copycat Tanks in real life. "I'm actually teaching a class at The Learning Annex on how to be like Tank Turner," he deadpans. "I think it's great that you can play a character that has a bit of silliness and tone and uses his dirty deeds for good at the end."

But the methods Tank uses to get women to run back to their ex-boyfriends seem a bit over the top. Does Cook think they'll actually work in real life? "There's definitely guys that take the aggressive approach, no filter," he says. "Use lewd and lascivious behavior and get the girl, man."

Hudson interrupts Cook, "You guys have no idea what you are talking about," she says.

"That is also true," Cook retorts. "You can just ask her. We're idiots."

Hudson jumps in once more, "You are, actually. Getting to know this one (Cook) ... you need to get yourself together."



Cook chimes back, "I don't kiss until the 40th date. I really like to take it slow. I'll present you with a pinata with my hopes and dreams. I can't speak for Jason, but yeah I have five sisters too, so everything about my upbringing was about how to treat a woman and things that girls like."

As for Biggs, is he, like his character, a hopeless romantic?

"I am romantic and not quite as hopeless," he says. "I am sort of insecure that if I get a slight hint that it might not be working, I'll depart. I'll pull the ripcord because I don't want to get hurt."



Hudson giggles, "Dude you should see a therapist."

Biggs banters back, "I am seeing one. No, but I'm working on it."



Hudson points at his finger, "Hence the ring on your finger, the marriage."

"Hence the marriage," Biggs explains. "She is there to give me confidence. She actually said the other day, 'I like you. I can stand you.' I look for tolerance more than anything else. No, it's all about the little things. Hold on, don't allude to. ...Maybe not all the little things. What I'm saying is, it's not about the flowers and the balloons, although those things are important. It's about thinking ahead. It's about, for example, last night: I put water next to her where she sleeps _ I put water next to her bed _ and I'm thinking ahead, and she says, 'Oh, I don't have my water. Oh, he brought the water.' See, it's the little things."

"I pour the water on a girl to wake her up," says Cook.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This movie looks intersting enough. Dane Cook has a way of making these movies happen